From Linda Stewart
It is Sunday morning of a Victoria Day weekend like no other in memory.
The new rules of living with a global pandemic are surreal for everyone. Thank you Dave and Aurora Seniors for reaching out to extend shared experiences, ideas, entertainment and inspiration to make the best of our days during this time.
Enjoying good food is a favourite pastime for many and something we can do in isolation. I would like to share/exchange recipes (modified for one person, double for 2), which make my day better knowing I will be eating a delicious dinner.
We are going into 10 weeks and I am getting low on new dishes.
Eggplant Parmesan simplified
Ready in 30 minutes
1 eggplant medium size
1 cup tomato sauce
1cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup breadcrumbs (Panko best)
1 egg (beat)
Roasted garlic chilli spice (any favourite spice will do)
- Slice eggplant into 1/2 inch pieces (3)
- Salt on each side and leave for 10 minutes, then dry off moisture with paper towel
- Dip each piece in egg, sprinkle spice on, coat with bread crumbs.
- Have fry pan ready with hot olive oil to fry.
- Each side 5 minutes. Spoon on tomato sauce, cover with mozzarella cheese.
- 3 minutes to melt and ready to serve.
Side of asparagus
Wash well, microwave for 1-2 minutes, add butter
McManus Zinfandel goes well. And screw cap. Easy to keep leftover for another day.