Hello ASA Members and Friends:
Are you finding that the winter is starting to drag on for you? Well, I’ve got a great way to brighten your day. Come into the Seniors Centre! See some of your old friends and make some new ones while participating in one or more of your favourite activities.
On a more serious note, we have elections coming up for our Board of Directors. Due to Covid, it has been some time since we’ve had elections so there are now seven positions to fill. The nomination process will begin on March 3rd and will close on March 17th. Nomination packages will be available starting March 3rd and can be obtained at Reception.
If you are interested in serving on the Board, have someone nominate you. If you think you know someone who would be a good addition to our Board please consider nominating them. Remember the final day for nominations is March 17. If you are interested in more information feel free to contact John Scheerer, the Chair of the elections committee at firstname.lastname@example.org or me at email@example.com.
Unfortunately, we are losing two very valuable members of the Board. After five years of serving as our Treasurer, Cheryl Rines will be stepping down. She has done a wonderful job in a very challenging position. I am happy to announce that Rob Ishoy will be taking over the position. We are also losing long-time Board member Carol Hedenberg. Carol has served in many roles including being a past President. Don’t worry you will still see her around the Centre in various roles including coordinating reception. On behalf of the Board, I would like to thank both of them for all their hard work.
As I have so often mentioned, the ASA runs on the efforts of our wonderful volunteers. Right now we have five important volunteer roles opening up.
- Social Committee: We are looking for volunteers, especially folks that have a Smart Serve Licence (SS). If you don’t have a SS licence one can easily be obtained online and the ASA will pay for it. Contact Don Keel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fund Raising Committee: We need people to help out in various roles and invite your ideas for fundraising projects. Contact Vern Cunningham at email@example.com.
- Web Site Coordinator: We are looking for someone to act as a liaison between our various committees at the ASA and our website manager. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Garden Committee: We need a few volunteers to keep our gardens looking beautiful.
- As mentioned we are looking for people to run for the Board.
On Friday, February 24th join us for a Wine Tasting event with live music. Tickets are still available at Reception.
The next Snooker session will begin on March 7th & 9th. This is a fun, mixed league. Please sign up at Reception.
Join us for a lovely event, Tea in the Garden, on March 12th from 1:30 – 3:00 PM. Tickets are available at Reception until March 3rd.
Don’t forget the Tuesday night movies at the Centre beginning at 6:30 PM.
The Annual Indoor Garage Sale is scheduled for Sunday, April 30th. More information to follow.
See you at the Centre…. Dave